Thinking of a sustainable future
With the demand for engineers on creating functional as well as sustainable site designs, project requirements have turned into a complex undertaking of balancing costs and benefits requiring the least amount of special case planning. ParkCAD now includes innovative Smart L.O.T® abilities that design and report on the sustainable features while being sensitive to environmental factors for recognition from your regional Green Building Council or organization.
- Minimize Lot Footprint – Reduction of over paved areas by allowing the software’s Minimize Lot Footprint to move in the boundaries for your parking field, reducing oversized drive aisles to utilize the minimum paved surfacing; this reduction should allow for the maximization of landscaping/green areas while evaluating the minimum required parking capacity within the site.
- Creation of Custom Stalls – User Defined Stalls can be developed and assigned to parking spaces to uniquely display and report totals or overall percentages of reserved parking spaces for low-emitting and fuel-efficient vehicles (electric vehicles, hybrids, and car or van pools).
- Assigning Island Treatments – Island Treatments (Concrete, Painted, and Landscape) can be assigned to both standard ParkCAD end islands or to custom drafted closed shapes (by placing on the software specified layering convention). These areas are uniquely reported for each treatment type, indicating the total landscape area included both within the parking area as well as anywhere within the site for passive water drainage and retention.
- Editing Stalls – Planning and designing adequate green spaces within your parking field through the use of center strips along rows of parking or a floating “stall back” island internal to a parking row (by mixing large and small car parking) provide additional areas within which to plant trees for shade cover both to increase water retention within landscaped areas.
- Using Design Manager – Saving and comparing Design Manager iterations during early design phases provides an indication where improvements can or have been made in order to increase design sustainability within your parking fields and site periphery.
Park your costs
By generating your parking layouts in a matter of minutes, not hours, you're able to get on with your important design work faster instead of using up valuable time on redoing parking arrangements.
Design with confidence
Take the worry out of your parking designs. ParkCAD's intelligent functions allow you to keep the integrity of your design dimensions and alerts against creating parking sites that compromise predefined standards.
Fast, on-the-fly changes to different parking lot elements can be performed simply using ParkCAD. Create and edit different parking design arrangements with powerful features that optimize valuable parking space.
Do much more
Parking components and reports are kept and dynamically updated throughout the life of the project. This means ParkCAD can be used from the initial planning stage right through to the final design-build phase.
Need to design parking like a pro? Start your way with ParkCAD training and learn how to best incorporate the many site design factors, such as size, purpose, and number of vehicles it has to accommodate. Choose from self-paced training manuals, instructor-led online courses, or even an onsite classroom setting. Click here to learn more about ParkCAD training opportunities.See also: