Responsible for designing and supervising the production of automobiles, buses, trucks, motorcycles, and other earthbound vehicles.
- Design and test parts for moving vehicles.
- Design, manufacture, and operate engineering subsystems.
- Engineer attributes of an automobile.
- Produce visual interpretations of automobiles and their parts.
- Select materials for production.
- Use mechanical, thermodynamic, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical principles to resolve engineering problems.
- Research designs and past machinery.
- Build prototypes.
- Develop test procedures and test moving vehicles.
- Supervise the process of manufacturing, installation, and operation of vehicles.
- Inspect vehicle for defects.
- Investigate mechanical failures.
- Select and purchase appropriate materials.
- Prepare cost and timing estimates.
- Supervise technicians and technologists.
- Review, change, and approve designs.
- Test drive vehicles and check for faults.
- Specify functional requirements during development phase.
- Integrate components into the final design.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the design and change if necessary.
- Estimate cost, reliability, and safety factors.
- Test products thoroughly for safety issues and defects.
- Use computers extensively to produce and analyze designs.
- Generate specifications for parts.
- Control the efficiency of processes.
TOP LOCATION FOR Automotive Engineer JOBS
The Director Engineering Services leads medium-sized to large and multiple engineering services engagements in the delivery of Strategy, Assessment, Transaction or Sourcing Managem...
The Principal Consultant Engineering Services participates as a team leader in the delivery of Strategy, Assessment, Transaction or Sourcing Management engagement services for engi...
POSITION DESCRIPTION FOR (NAVSPECWARCOM) HEAVY EQUIPMENT MECHANIC SUPERVISOR: Program Manager DESCRIPTION: The Heavy Equipment Mechanic analyzes malfunctions and repairs...